Buscar Close Search
Page Menu

Child Care

UMASS sponsors a Child Care CenterChild care

UMass Child Care provides care for infants, toddlers and preschool children in a safe, nurturing environment that promotes physical, social, emotional and cognitive development. Bright Horizons Family Solutions is located in the Shaw Building on 419 Belmont Street, Worcester.

For more information contact Lori Carroll, Center Director-UMass University Campus, Child Care Center Lori.carroll@brighthorizons.com  774-455-KIDS or Alison Smith, office Manager at Umass.university@brighthorizons.com


Child Care Resources and Referral

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers personalized child care referral for employees and their families. The EAP will ask you specific questions regarding your child care needs, research options and provide you with up-to-date child care options. Provided by the University, the EAP is cost free to employees. Explore the EAP website for helpful articles and information about many issues relating to children. Click here to access the EAP website, or call 800-322-5327blobid0.png to schedule an appointment or to speak to a licensed counselor.

The following web sites also provide helpful resources and information for Child Care:

Child Care Connection

MA Child Care

National Child Care Information Center


Child Care Assistance

UMass Chan offers Child Care Assistance to help make child care for children in pre-kindergarten or younger affordable for working parents. Eligibility and amount is determined, in part, by your adjusted gross family income. It is available for non-unit employees who are benefit eligible. Contact Human Resources for application dates. 


Flexible Spending Account

All active state employees who work half-time or more and have employment-related expenses for a dependent child under the age of 13 are eligible for the DCAP (Eligibility for Dependent Care Assistance Program). If you want to enroll or make changes please complete and submit HCSA & DCAP Enrollment Form to the UMass Chan Benefits Department. For more information on eligible and ineligible expenses see the SHPS Eligible Expense Guide. The preceeding links are for UMass Chan Medical School internal use only.

Back to top