Weight Management Center
Healthy eating and physical activity may significantly reduce the risk of diabetes in overweight individuals. The Diabetes Center of Excellence recommends meeting with our team of physicians, dietitians and nutritionists to assess the situation and create an appropriate self-management plan.
Obesity, BMI and Heart Disease
- Obesity is a high risk factor for heart disease
- Body Mass Index (BMI) is an indicator of obesity
- Waist measurement can also help determine your risk of heart disease
Dr. Nina Rosano, Endocrinologist, specializing in Obesity Medicine, works with primary care providers, nutritionists, bariatric surgeons and behavioral psychologists,who understand obesity and who use all available resources to treat it.
The UMass Metobolic Weight Loss Program provides each patient with the best possible care plan based on individual conditions and needs. Beyond prescribing medication, we are here to provide you with valuable information and to support you with guidance and encouragement.
Five Tips for Successful Weight Loss
- Keep a food journal
- Create a healthy home food environment
- Social support system
- Excercise in addition to healthy eating
- Set reasonable and realistic goals