MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine
Originally conceived and founded by Jon-Kabat Zinn and Saki-Santorelli, this foundational program brings in-depth MBSR training and knowledge to those interested in learning the science and application of mind-body medicine and how to more fully incorporate mindfulness into their lives.
This 7-day program is taught by esteemed and deeply experienced mindfulness and MBSR professionals including Judson Brewer and Florence Meleo-Meyer. It is a unique opportunity for physicians and other healthcare professionals to train intensively in mindfulness meditation as it is taught at the Center for Mindfulness MBSR Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical School based on 38 years of research and teaching of over 24,000 participants.
UPDATED INFORMATION FOR MBSR TEACHER TRAINEES
Effective February 2, 2018, MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine will become an elective in the MBSR Teacher Education pathway. There will also be other electives made available to trainees, and one of these will be required for Certification in MBSR Teacher Education. Going forward, trainees will have a choice as to which elective to take based on need or interest or access.
Tuition: $1675 (does not include room and board at venue)
November 11 - 16
- Explore the essential components of the MBSR curriculum, including specific program ethos, structure, content, design and method
- Investigate the ongoing practice of the principles of mindfulness in silence, conversation, and dialogue
- Identify and expand one’s ability to work mindfully with the experience of stress, pain, grief, and anxiety within ourselves and when working with others; explore the potential to support human flourishing
- Review research supporting clinical use of MBSR Identify the language and practices used for instructing and guiding others in the formal and informal practices of mindfulness meditation in various settings
- Describe mindful approaches to stress, pain, grief, and anxiety when working with ourselves and others
- Examine research supporting the clinical value of MBSR Identify essential components of a sustainable mindfulness training program, including MBSR teacher readiness and competency criteria
- Explore the potential for discovering unrecognized capacities and ways to support human flourishing
CME and CE credits are awarded by the institute hosting the Mind-Body Medicine program, and available during registration for that program/host location.