- Do you eat when you are stressed out, bored or sad?
- Are you a sugar addict?
- Have you tried to lose weight only to have regained it a few months later?
- Have you tried to eat more healthfully, but just can’t seem to stick with it?
Mindful Eating (SR-220) integrates mindful practices with the science behind eating habits. As part of the mindfulness training, you will learn the scientific basis of how we form eating habits, and how we can use this knowledge to change them. You will also learn concrete mindfulness skills to help you become more aware of and gain control over your eating, and how to use them on your own time, at your convenience and pace.
- How we form habits
- How to work with cravings
- How to use mindfulness when you eat
- Stress vs. hunger
- Goals and staying on track when you slip up
- Coping with triggers
- Working with difficult emotions
- Mindfulness skills
- How mindfulness works
- Enrollment in Mindful Eating is based on your using using the Eat Right Now® app on your mobile device, for short, guided daily mindfulness trainings throughout the week.
- Group-Based Learning and Support - Once a week on Monday evenings, you will meet in-person at the Center for Mindfulness in a facilitated session with a group of peers to practice, discuss challenges and celebrate learnings and outcomes. You may attend class every week or as your schedule allows.
- Through your class enrollment and the Eat Right Now® app, you have access to an online community for continued support and dialogue.
Meets every Monday 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. in-person
iPhone or Android smartphone required for this course
Join at any time for this rolling-admissions, open-ended program
REGISTER FOR MINDFUL EATING
Tuition: $25/month (cancel any time)
Smartphone app: $24.99/mo, or $129.99/annually
222 Maple Street, Shrewsbury, MA - Directions
- You will be re-directed to our online registration system where you will create a username and password
- You will be sent an email to confirm your account - you must reply to this email to confirm
- Return to the registration page and log in
- This course is listed under Special Programs at the bottom of the list - 'Areas of Learning' ('Mindful Eating Weekly Meetings at CFM')
App-based mindfulness training and practice
Dr. Judson Brewer, course instructor and world-renowned expert on addiction has developed Eat Right Now®, an App that delivers mindfulness training right at your fingertips. The digital therapeutic app delivers over 30 short video modules, along with in-the-moment exercises, allowing you to build your skills one moment at a time. By taking 10 minutes each day to complete a new lesson, you will learn how to put it into practice throughout the day in manageable, bite-sized pieces. Participants will need to have an iPhone or Android smartphone to participate in Mindful Eating.
Group-based learning & support
Weekly Mindful Eating classes occur in-person at the Center for Mindfulness, this is not an online class. Studies have shown that group-based learning and support helps change habits. Led by Dr. Brewer, the Mindful Eating group meets weekly at the Center for Mindfulness in Shrewsbury, MA. Each session provides hands-on mindfulness practices, as well as expert and peer support as you go through the process of changing your relationship to eating. You will combine mindfulness skills training with the Eat Right Now® app to transform your behavior and relationship to eating.