Cultivating Compassion: Essentials of Mindfulness Practice
8-week In-Person Program
May 3 - June 21
6:00 - 8:30pm
Tuition: $500Register Now
- You will be re-directed to our online registration system where you will create a username and password
- You will be sent an email to confirm your account - you must reply to this email to confirm
- Return to the registration page and log in
- This course is listed under Special Programs at the bottom of the list - 'Areas of Learning'
This spring, the Center for Mindfulness is offering a new course!
Join us to continue and deepen the essential mindfulness practices provided by MBSR, MBCT or Mindfulness Tools.
Cultivating Compassion builds on the MBSR foundation through sustained instruction and community support and deepens awareness and practice.
As with MBSR, MBCT and Mindfulness Tools, this course will include guided practice, dialogue and experiential learning. The material is designed to help those already familiar with mindfulness practice and take the next steps toward greater understanding and peace of heart and mind.
In the Cultivating Compassion course, you will learn:
- How to recognize compassion in yourself
- How to act from a place of compassion
- How to transform shame into self-compassion
- How to cultivate resilience in the face of suffering
- How compassion meditation can be used to deepen focus
This is a new course and we would love your feedback! Are you interested in participating in a focus group and/or completing surveys to offer insights into the course content and design?
Please indicate in your registration if you are willing to provide feedback in this way.
- 8 Weekly Classes - 2.5 Hour Sessions with optional 30 minute sitting to close the session
- Participation in an All-Day Session, June 9 from 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Approximately 45 minutes of home practice, six days a week, throughout the course
Éowyn Ahlstrom first encountered meditation and yoga more than twenty years ago and has been practicing avidly ever since. She has made mindfulness practice a central priority in her life, attending many silent meditation retreats and yoga practice courses, as well as deeply studying both ancient and modern texts regarding these practices. Learn more about Éowyn.