Basic Skills for Working with Smokers - Online Course
About the course
This self-paced, online course is designed for health workers who want to be well-grounded in the theory and practice of working with clients who are tobacco dependent. It provides an introduction to the basic concepts needed by professionals who are working with tobacco users.
Read more here |
The course consists of nine modules:
- The tobacco problem
- Health consequences of smoking
- Understanding tobacco use disorder
- Principles of behavior change
- Talking with clients about tobacco use
- Using pharmacotherapy to help your clients quit tobacco
- Intake, assessment and treatment planning
- Creating an environment supportive of tobacco treatment services
- Tobacco control resources & TTS certification information
Who is This Online Course For
CEU’s are available for:
- CHES/MCHES (12)
- Social Workers (12)
- Respiratory Therapists (12)
- Registered Dental Hygienists (12)
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (CADAC/CAC/LADC.)(11)
(12) contact hours for RNs/LPNs, and a general certificate of completion (12) total hours for all other participants. To view a list of the organizations that have approved the CEUs go to Basic Online Course CEUs.
The cost of the online course is $175.
What People Say About Our Course
"I did enjoy the course and have used it several times now in practice. It was one of the best adult education courses I have ever taken. Thank for putting out such a useful, well-formatted program".
Rebekah Sherman (2008), Harbor Health Services, Inc., Dorchester, Massachusetts
"I thoroughly enjoyed this fabulous course! The use of graphics, charts, links to sites, and inclusion of history made this course outstanding (and memorable)."
"Great experience with valuable info and techniques I am able to immediately apply in my practice."
Ready to take the course?