Basic Skills for Working with Smokers - Online Course
This self-paced, online course is designed for health workers who want to be well-grounded in the theory and practice of working with clients who are tobacco dependent. It provides an introduction to the basic concepts needed by professionals who are working with tobacco users.
The course consists of nine modules:
1. The tobacco problem and public health perspective
2. Exploring barriers and facilitators to change
3. Understanding tobacco use disorder
4. Using pharmacotherapy to help your clients quit smoking
5. Talking with clients about their tobacco use
6. Health consequences of smoking
7. Tobacco control resources & TTS certification information
8. Creating an environment supportive of tobacco treatment services
9. Intake, assessment and treatment planning.
CEU’s are available for RNs (14.4), CHES (12), Social Workers (12), Respiratory Therapists (12), Registered Dental Hygienists (12), Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (CADAC/CAC/LADC.) (11) and a general certificate of completion (12) for all other participants. To view a list of the organizations that have approved the CEUs go to Basic Online Course CEUs.
For more information go to: