Train the Trainer in Tobacco Treatment (T4)
The Train the Trainer in Tobacco Treatment (T4) program is an intensive 2-day training for qualified participants wishing to become Certified UMass Tobacco Treatment Specialist (TTS) Trainers. Certified UMass TTS Trainers will be eligible to coordinate and deliver the UMass Tobacco Treatment Specialist Core Training at sites of their choosing. Applicants must be affiliated with a non-profit agency wishing to train local health care providers or a health care/social service agency wishing to train employees.
Applicants should possess a commitment to tobacco dependence treatment, have access to the organizational resources necessary to conduct multi-day trainings and agree to deliver the training program as a not-for-profit venture and in a manner consistent with the University of Massachusetts’ quality standards. Terms, conditions and fees related to the delivery of each TTS Core Training will be included in the application packet.
Education and Training Requirements
Candidates with a Bachelor Degree or higher in a health or educational field are preferred. Applicants with an Associate Degree plus licensure/certification in a health related profession such as nursing, chemical dependence treatment, respiratory care, and dental health will also be considered. Experience in delivering professional training is preferred.
Candidates must have completed the following two UMass training programs: Basic Skills for Working with Smokers and the Tobacco Treatment Specialist (TTS) Core Training. Passing grades of at least 75% are required.
Training dates: June 22 & 23, 2015
- The training will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn in Worcester, MA. Details will be provided with the acceptance notification.
- Participants must attend both training dates in their entirety (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM each day)
Application deadline: January 31, 2015
- Completed applications must be received by this date. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Acceptance notification: March 31, 2015
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance/rejection by e-mail on or before this date.
Registration and payment deadline: May 1, 2015
- Confirmation of attendance and arrangements for payment must be made by this date in order to secure a spot in the training.
- Cost for this training is $1000 per person
For more information go to:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- To request an application contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org