||Individually Designed Elective (Type C)
||UMass Faculty Member (Sponsor)
and if External Site (External Direct Site Supervisor)
||Individual Umass Department Based Sponsored
||University Campus - Sponsor must be a Umass faculty member
|Number of Students / Month:
||* Written Elective Description must be signed by Sponsoring Faculty Member
* Offered to Umass Students Only
|Elective Description: In collaboration with a faculty member, students may design an individual elective tailored to a specific interest. The elective must be sponsored by a UMass faculty member (whether the elective is completed internally or externally from UMass, the sponsor must be a UMass faculty member). This individually designed elective is a Type C. Use the Type C Description to fill out your elective description.
The student and faculty member need to write a description of the elective, including:
- the goals
- methods of teaching
- number of patients to be seen
- supervision level
- Type of elective (C)
- length of the elective
- grading basis (O/ AEP/ EP/ BEP/ NCR or CR/ NCR)
- Example of Description
The student completes he Individually Designed Electives/Research Form and attaches the approved description to the form. (see detailed instructions on form)
- Both the elective description and Individually Designed Elective/Research form must be signed by the sponsoring faculty member.
- The grading form will be completed by the approving sponsor if the elective is internal or by the direct supervisor and co-signed by the sponsor if the elective is external.
Note: * Offered to UMass Students Only
Location: University Campus, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655