||Individually Designed Elective (Type B)
||UMass Faculty Member (Sponsor)
and if External Site (External Direct Site Supervisor)
||Individual UMass Department Based Sponsored
||University Campus - Sponsor must be a Umass Faculty Member
|Number of Students / Month:
* Written Elective Description must be signed by Sponsoring Faculty Member
* Offered to Umass Students Only
||Approval from coordinator required; email approval to email@example.com to schedule
Elective Description: In collaboration with a faculty member, students may design an individual elective tailored to a specific interest. The elective must be sponsored by a UMass faculty member (whether the elective is completed internally or externally from UMass, the sponsor must be a UMass faculty member). This individually designed elective is Type A. Use the Type B Description to fill out your elective description.
The student and faculty member need to write a description of the elective, including:
- the goals
- methods of teaching
- number of patients to be seen
- supervision level
- Type of elective (A)
- length of the elective
- grading basis (O/ AEP/ EP/ BEP/ NCR or CR/ NCR)
- Example of Description
- The student completes the Individually Designed Elective/Research form and attaches the approved description to the form. (See detailed instructions on the form)
- Both the elective description and Individually Designed Elective/Research form must be signed by the sponsoring faculty member.
- The grading form will be completed by the approving sponsor if the elective is internal or by the direct supervisor and co-signed by the sponsor if the elective is external.
|Note: * Offered to UMASS Students Only
|Location: Universtiy Campus, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655