Yuan-Chyuan Lo, Ph.D.
1987 Ph.D. Physics from Yale University
1990 American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Radiological Physics
Associate Professor, Director of Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
Peer Reviewed Journal Papers
- C.S. Mayo, M.M. Urie, T.J. Fitzgerald, L. Ding, Y.C. Lo, and M. Bogdanov, “Hybrid IMRT for Treatment of Cancers of the Lung and Esophagus,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 71 (5), 1408-1418 (2008).
- T.J. Fitzgerald, J. Aronowitz, M.G. Cicchetti, G. Fisher, S. Kadish, Y.C. Lo, C. Mayo, S. McCauley, J. Meyer, R. Pieters, and A. Sherman, “The Effect of Radiation Therapy on Normal Tissue Function,” Hematol Oncol Clin North Am, 20 (1), 141-163 (2006)
- C. Mayo, Y.C. Lo, T.J. Fitzgerald, and M. Urie, “Forward-Planned, Multi-Segment, Tangential Fields with Concomitant Boost in the Treatment of Breast Cancer,” Medical Dosimetry, 29, 265-270 (2004).
- G. Mardirossian, M. Urie, T.J. Fitzgerald, N. Mayr, J. Montebello and Y.C. Lo, “Commissioning of Mini-Multi-Leaf-Collimator (MMLC) for Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Radiotherapy,” Journal of X-Ray Science and Technology, 11 (1), 21-31, (2003).
- M.M. Urie, Y.C. Lo, S. Litofsky, and T.J. Fitzgerald, “ Miniature Multileaf Collimator as an Alternative to Traditional Circular Collimators for Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Stereotactic Radiotherapy,” Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, 76, 47-62 (2001).
- Y.C. Lo, G. Yasuda, T.J. Fitzgerald and M.M. Urie, "Intensity modulation for breast treatment using static multi-leaf collimators," Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 46, 187-194 (2000).
- T. Mauceri, P.J. Biggs, J. Beatty, K. Doppke, K. Gall, L. Hong, J. Leong, Y.C. Lo, S. Rosenthal, and M.D. Russell, “A method for predicting the variation of the depth of maximum dose in shaped electron fields,” Med. Phys., 23, 695-697 (1996).
- Y.C. Lo, “Dose albedos for 4, 10 and 18 MV bremsstrahlung beams on concrete, iron and lead normally incident,” Med. Phys., 19, 659-666 (1992).
- R.E. Apfel and Y.C. Lo, “Practical neutron dosimetry with superheated drops,” Health Phys. 56, 79-83 (1989).
- Y.C. Lo and R.E. Apfel, “Prediction and experimental confirmation of the response function for neutron detection using superheated drops,” Phys. Rev. A, 38, 5260-5266 (1988).
- R.E. Apfel, S.C. Roy, and Y.C. Lo, “Prediction of Minimum Neutron Energy to Nucleate Vapor Bubbles in Superheated Liquids,” Phys. Rev. A, 31, 3194-3198 (1985).
- Y.C. Lo, Characterization of a neutron Detector based on superheated drops, Ph.D. dissertation, (Yale University, New Haven, CT, 1987).