Submit Public Safety Tips Anonymously
|Public Safety Home
Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to Tips Alert, the Medical Center and Medical School Campus Police's anonymous safety tip notification system. Tips Alert is a tool that provides our Medical Center and Medical School employees the opportunity to submit anonymous public safety tips to our Campus Police via a text message or an online form.
- Text a tip to 274637 and type the keyword TIPSALERT
- Submit a tip online
If you see a crime in progress or need to report an emergency, please call 911.
Tips Alert is for nonemergency, investigative information only and will not generate a radio call or summon the police to your location. See the frequently asked questions for more information.
Use Tips Alert to report a safety-related incident or concern that has taken place on our University, Memorial and Hahnemann campuses. Information submitted to the tip reporting system is not traced, and therefore Campus Police will not know the user's identity. Our campus police welcome all tips relating to public safety concerns via Tips Alert including safety issues that may impact patients, visitors or employees, information about an alleged crime or a potentially illegal incident. Some examples may include reporting icy conditions, potholes and skateboarders in our parking lots and garages, speeding vehicles in the vicinity of our campuses, and employees smoking on our Medical Center/Medical School properties.
- Start a new text message to 274637 on your handheld device.
- Type the keyword TIPSALERT followed by a space and then your message.
- All subsequent messages can be sent without the keyword prefix.
- The text message is encrypted and an alias is generated, masking the identity of the sender from the police.
- Although the service is free and requires no purchase or fee for participation, standard messaging rates and other fees may apply. Check your mobile plan for more details.
- Remember: Never submit an emergency tip by text. Call 911 if it is an emergency.
Submit a tip online
If you wish to submit an anonymous tip from your computer, visit the Medical Center and Medical School's Tips Alert site and submit an online form. The tip goes through a secure server where the identity of the sender is masked from the detectives receiving the online anonymous tip.
To submit a tip:
- Fill in as much information in the fields provided about the location and incident.
- Using the Tip Follow Up dropdown option, you can decide how or if you would like to stay involved.
- If you have a photo that shows the safety issue or crime, you may attach it under the Upload Photo section of the online form.
- When you are finished entering your information, click on the Submit Tip button.
After submitting your tip, you will be provided with your own unique ID number that you will use when checking the status of your tip. Remember: Never submit an emergency tip here. Call 911 if it is an emergency.