Holiday Theft Alert
The holiday season is upon us, and criminals take advantage of this opportunity to steal your personal belongings and newly purchased gifts. These workplace crimes occur during business hours when people are walking in and out, and no one thinks twice about a stranger in an area. If challenged, the stranger will probably offer a plausible excuse. CALL PUBLIC SAFETY ABOUT ANY SUSPICIOUS PERSON.
- Keep your purse, wallet or other valuable items with you at all times or locked in a drawer, closet or locker.
- Lock your office when you will be away from your workplace.
- Do not place keys to desks and file cabinets under computer terminals, typewriters or desk articles.
- Do not place a pocketbook underneath a desk or counter. Keep it with you.
- Do not leave a wallet in a suitcoat or labcoat pocket in an empty office.
- If your workplace is a clinic or patient floor, use any locker that may be provided for you.
- Check the identity of any strangers who are in your work area. Ask whom they are visiting and if you can help them find that person. If this makes you uncomfortable, call Public Safety about your suspicions.
- When you call Public Safety about a suspicious person, try to report a physical description of the person. For example: white male, 30 years old, 6' tall, short red hair, wearing blue jeans, red shirt, carrying a black jacket.
PUBLIC SAFETY BUSINESS LINE - 6-3296
EMERGENCY LINE - 911