Halloween safety tips
The University of Massachusetts police department would like to remind the community of the following safety tips to help make this a safe Halloween for everyone
- Wear light colored clothing that is short enough to prevent tripping.
- Add reflective tape to the costumes for night visibility.
- Make sure children & adults can see well through face masks, or use make-up.
- Adults should accompany small children.
- Go out during the daylight hours, and take a flashlight if you go out during the dark.
- Stay within the neighborhood and only visit homes you know.
- WATCH OUT FOR TRAFFIC.
- Only give or receive wrapped or packaged candy.
- Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it.
- Keep costumed children away from pets. The pets may become frightened.
- Avoid hard plastic props such as daggers or swords. Foam rubber props are soft & flexible.
- HAVE A HAPPY & SAFE HALLOWEEN !!!!!