Massachusetts Health Care Training Forum
Keeping up with changing procedures and policies of state health insurance programs such as the Massachusetts Medicaid program (MassHealth) can be challenging for organizations that provide health care and other services to program members.
With support from UMass Medical School's Office of Community Programs, the Massachusetts Health Care Training Forum provides accurate, timely Medicaid updates. With information provided by MassHealth, the Massachusetts Health Care Training Forum team makes this data available directly to the health care organizations and community agencies that offer health care and other services to people enrolled in public health insurance.
Since it was created in 2003, the Forum has become a primary source of information about state public health insurance programs:
- Commonwealth Care
- Commonwealth Care Bridge
- Health Safety Net Program
- Other public health programs
In fiscal year 2009, more than 500 individuals attended Massachusetts Health Care Training Forum meetings across the state, and more than 3,500 individuals received email updates on state public health programs.
The Forum offers three primary vehicles for communication and outreach:
- Regional meetings feature presentations by experienced state agency representatives on the latest changes and updates to public health insurance programs. Five meetings are held each quarter.
- Email updates deliver regular communications on program and policy changes.
- The Massachusetts Health Care Training Forum website provides information regarding online meeting registration, meeting materials, and program updates.
The Office of Community Programs works directly with MassHealth and other state agencies to develop meeting agendas, recruit expert presenters, and determine content for updates. We also provide the following:
- Identify and respond to participant needs and interests
- Coordinate meetings
- Create a meeting format that allows direct communication with MassHealth experts
- Maintain a database of Forum participants to facilitate communication of health policy changes
- Assist with information dissemination
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Massachusetts Health Care Training Forum website