Requirements for Application to the UMass Ob/Gyn Residency Program
The University of Massachusetts Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Requirements for application to our program include:
- All applications to the UMass OB/GYN residency program must come through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Passing scores on USMLE Step I. Applicants must also have passed USMLE Step II (CS and CK) before starting residency, as it is a requirement for Massachusetts licensure.
- COMLEX scores are accepted for graduates of osteopathic medical schools.
- Deadline for application is December 15th.
- Graduates of international medical schools must:
- Be certified by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Have a minimum of one year of clinical experience in the US medical system.
- Have at least one letter of recommendation from a supervisor of their US clinical experience.
- There are no restrictions regarding the number of years since medical school graduation.
Visa sponsorship changes frequently and the latest information is available upon request.
The UMass OB/GYN residency program offers five categorical PGY-1 positions available in the match each year. There are 5 interview days each year: 2 in November, 2 in December and 1 in January. Interviews are held by invitation only and are required for an applicant to be ranked in the NRMP Match.
If you have any questions, please contact our residency coordinator, Ty Fraga, at email@example.com