Salmon Burgers with Miso Tahini Sauce
Recipe serves 4.
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ c finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs, or ½ cup egg whites
- ¼ c IBD-friendly mayonnaise
- ½ c freshly ground flax seed
- Poach salmon in water.
- In a medium bowl breakup poached salmon and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add chopped onion, parsley flakes and garlic powder, mix to combine.
- Beat eggs and add mayonnaise, mix. Combine with salmon mixture.
- Add ground flaxseed a bit at a time until they will hold together to form patties
- Shape into patties and fry in nonstick pan using cooking spray or small amount of canola oil OR bake in oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serve with Miso Tahini Sauce, below:
Miso Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup warm water, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon miso (should buy refrigerated miso as it has live good bacteria)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon tamari
In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. For a thinner sauce, add more water.
Source: Adapted from: Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites