- About Us
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
3 cups cooked brown rice
1 large onion, chopped
3 scallions, sliced (separate white part from green part in 2 bowls)
3 cloves garlic, sliced
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 carrots, shredded
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
1 block extra-firm tofu, cubed and pan-fried till golden brown
2 tbs. canola oil
Few dashes of sesame oil, to taste
Lite soy sauce or tamari, to taste
1. While rice is cooking, wash and cut vegetables and set aside in separate bowls: combine onion, white part of scallion, and garlic in one bowl; combine celery and carrots in another bowl; combine pea and corn in another; and tofu in yet another bowl. .
2. In large wok heat canola oil. Drop in onion, garlic, scallion mixture and stir-fry until soft and translucent. Next add celery and carrots and stir-fry until soft. Finally, add corn and peas and cook until they are hot, but not soggy.
3. Flavor with soy sauce to your liking. Continue to cook over medium heat until flavors are thoroughly mixed.
4. Mix in cooked tofu and brown rice.
5. Garnish with green part of scallions.
Per serving (373g): 383 calories, 9g fat, 1.2g sat fat, 65g carbohydrate, 11g protein, 9.6g fiber, 175mg sodium