- About Us
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
1 head Chinese cabbage
1 red pepper
1 cup bean sprouts
1 cup shiitake mushrooms
3 tbs. soy sauce
2/3 cup water
1. Scrub, then cut carrots into thin slices on the diagonal; place carrots in 2-qt. pot.
2. Wash cabbage, chop into thin strips crosswise, and arrange above carrots.
3. Scrub and dice zucchini and add to pot.
4. Cut red pepper into thin strips, chop crosswise, and sprinkle over zucchini. Wash sprouts and add.
5. Finally, wash mushrooms, trimming away stems and slicing caps lengthwise; place in mound atop the sprouts.
6. In small bowl, mix water and soy sauce and slowly pour over vegetables; cover pot and turn heat to high. When pot begins to hiss, reduce heat and steam for 5 minutes or until vegetables shrink to about half their original volume.
7. Toss gently with wooden spoon.
8. Serve on bulghur.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving (481g): 106 calories, 1g fat, 0.2g sat fat, 22g carbohydrate, 6.2g protein, 6.3g fiber, 452mg sodium