- About Us
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
1 head cauliflower
3 onions, chopped
2 cups vegetable broth
3 tbs. arrowroot
1 tbs. curry powder
¼ tsp. ground ginger
2 cups soy milk, warmed
1. Break head of cauliflower into florets and steam 3-4 minutes, until al dente.
2. Sauté onion until soft in a non-stick deep skillet (may use olive oil sparingly to prevent sticking).
3. Combine vegetable stock and arrowroot and stir until arrowroot thoroughly dissolved. Add to onion mixture, stirring until slightly thickened.
4. Add warmed soymilk and continue to stir until thickened. Add spices and cauliflower and heat to serving temperature.
5. Serve over brown rice or whole wheat couscous.
Variation: Substitute another vegetable for cauliflower or a combination of vegetables. This is an excellent way to use up leftover vegetables.
Per serving (476g): 169 Calories, 2.7g fat, 0.4g sat fat, 31g carbohydrate, 8.2g protein, 6.2g fiber, 188mg sodium