- About Us
- Cooking Possibility
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
1 tsp. olive oil
4 scallion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2-lb. Greens (Swiss chard, kale, collards, beet greens, spinach, etc., stemmed and chopped)
1 ½ tsp. balsamic vinegar
3 tsp. lemon zest
1-tsp. sesame seeds
• In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add scallions and garlic and cook until soft, about 1-2 minutes.
• Add the greens and cover the pan for a minute or two. Uncover and stir well.
• Recover the pot and stir every minute as this braising will only take about 5 minutes or so.
• When sufficiently wilted add balsamic vinegar and lemon zest and stir well to blend.
• Add a pinch of salt and pepper and transfer to a serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve warm or cold.
Per serving (165g): 45 Calories, 1.4g fat, 0.2g sat fat, 7g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 2.8g fiber, 88mg calcium, 2.9mg iron, 48mg vitamin C, 324mg sodium