- About Us
- Cooking Possibility
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
(Makes 4-5 servings)
2-3 cups low-fat plain yogurt (Stoneyfield farm organic)
1 cup cold water
6 ice cubes
1 cucumber (chopped)
½ cup raisins
¼ cup green onions (chopped)
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. fresh dill (chopped) or 1-tsp. dill weed
1 tbsp. parley (chopped)
1. Soak raisins in cold water for 5 minutes.
2. Put yogurt in a big mixing bowl; add ice cubes, chopped cucumber, green onions, salt, an pepper.
3. Pour off water from raisins and add to yogurt mixture.
4. Add one cup water (as desired for consistency) and mix well.
5. Before serving garnish with parsley and dill
Adapted from In a Persian Kitchen by Maideh Mazda
Charles E. Tuttle Company, Rutland VT, 1969
Per serving (320g): 160 Calories, 2.5g fat, 1.5g sat fat, 27g carbohydrate, 9g protein, 1.2g fiber, 410mg sodium