1 teaspoon Orange Zest
¼ Cup Orange Juice
2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Cup Arugula
2 Cups Spinach
2 Cups Leaf Lettuce
1/2 Cup Toasted Almonds
1 Cup Red Grapes, halved
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
1. Make Dressing: Combine orange zest, juice vinegar and salt. Let stand while making salad ingredients (at least 15minutes).
2. Toast almonds (either on top of stove or in over…be careful not to burn!) and cool.
3. Wash and pat dry arugula, spinach and leaf lettuce. Tear into bite size pieces and place in large salad bowl.
4. Add toasted almonds, grapes and cranberries to salad greens. Toss.
5. After dressing has settled for at least 15 minutes, whisk in olive oil and season with pepper.
6. Just prior to serving, add dressing to salad and toss.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving (132g): 248 Calories, 16g fat, 1.6g sat fat, 25g carbohydrate, 4.6g protein, 3.6g fiber.