- About Us
- Cooking Possibility
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
• 1 – 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
• 4 – 6 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 ½ cups chopped fresh or 1 28-oz can of diced tomatoes
• 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2- 15oz cans beans* (cannellini, red kidney or pinto beans) rinsed and drained
• salt and ground pepper to taste
* Red Kidney beans can be substituted.
Combine sage, garlic and oil in a sauté pan and sauté on a medium-low heat for several minutes until the garlic is golden.
Add the tomatoes, lemon juice and beans and continue to cook for about 10 minutes until everything is hot.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or chill and serve later cold as a salad.
Serve with whole wheat pasta. Makes 4 servings.
Per serving (338g): 354 Calories, 4.5g fat, 0.7g sat fat, 60g carbohydrate, 22g protein, 15g fiber, 8mg iron.