- About Us
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
1 lb. unwaxed cucumbers
1 tsp. sea salt
1 oz. arame(Sea Weed)
1 cup water
2 tbs. lemon juice
1 tbs. sesame oil
1 tsp. brown rice vinegar
½ red pepper
1. Wash cucumbers and, if unwaxed, score them lengthwise with a fork; if waxed, peel them.
2. Cut cucumbers into thin slices, and then spread slices on chopping board and sprinkle with salt. Transfer to a bowl and allow the cucumbers to stand for 30 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, soak arame the water for 15 minutes or until it softens and expands.
4. Remove arame from soaking water and squeeze to rid excess water; chop into small pieces.
5. In small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, and vinegar. Squeeze water from cucumbers and discard; taste cucumbers: if too salt, rinse with fresh water.
6. Slice pepper into thin strips, then dice crosswise. Combine ingredients, add lemon juice mixture, and toss.
Per serving (213g): 65 Calories, 3.7g fat, 0.6g sat fat, 9g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 5g fiber, 53mg calcium 1.8mg iron, 33mg vitamin C, 354mg sodium