1 cup wild rice
5 ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 c chopped pecan halves
1 c yellow raisins
Grated orange rind
¼ c chopped mint
4 scallions, sliced thin
1/3 cup orange juice
1. Put rice in strainer and rinse thoroughly.
2. Place rice in medium saucepan, add stock and bring to boil. Turn down head to low and gently simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes check for doneness. Rice should not be too soft. When done, drain.
4. Add remaining ingredients to rice, toss gently. Adjust seasonings and let mixture stand 2 hours or more to allow flavors to develop.
5. Serve at room temperature.
Per serving (389g): 327 calories, 13.6g fat, 1.2g sat fat, 49g carbohydrate, 7g protein, 5g fiber