- About Us
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
1 lb. lasagna noodles (preferably whole-wheat)
2 (16-oz. pkg.) extra-firm tofu, drained and crumbled
2 pkg. “Soya-Kaas” or “Veggie Chunk” mozzarella soy cheese, grated
2-3 cups freshly chopped spinach
4 egg whites
4-6 cups low-sodium tomato sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. dried oregano
1. Boil lasagna noodles until al dente, drain.
2. While lasagna is cooking, mix together tofu, egg whites, spinach,, garlic, basil, and oregano.
3. Line 9X13” pyrex dish with one layer of cooked lasagna noodles. Then place a layer of the tofu mix on top of the noodles, followed by a layer of tomato sauce and a layer of grated soy cheese. Top with another layer of lasagna noodles. Continue layering in same fashion until dish is filled, finishing with a layer of tomato sauce and cheese.
4. Bake at 350’F for 50 minutes.
5. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Servings: approximately 12- 3X4 servings
Calories 186 Sodium 532 mg
Total Fat 5g Cholesterol 0 mg
Saturated fat 0.2 g Total fiber 4 g
Total carbohydrate 19 g