By the Living Earth Kitchen
1 cup onions, diced
1 green pepper; diced
1 tbs. Canola oil
1 lb. broccoli
4 carrots, diced
8 oz. tomato sauce
1 bay leaf
½ tsp. ground basil, or 2-tsp. sea salt
1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
2 tbs fresh parsley
2 cups mashed potatoes
1. Dice onion, pepper, peel and dice carrots, cut broccoli into flowerets and stems. For Swiss chard, wash, trim and cut into bite-sized pieces.
2. Sauté onion and peppers in oil in a large skillet.
3. Add broccoli, carrots, tomato sauce, bay leaf, basil and salt to taste. Blend thoroughly. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer, and cook vegetables until just tender. Will take about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in chard. Transfer to 13X9X2” baking dish.
5. Blend parsley into prepared potatoes; spread over top of vegetables.
6. Bake in preheated 350’F oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika if you wish to add color.
Makes 6 servings
Per serving (311g): 170 calories, 5.3g fat, 0.8g sat fat, 28g carbohydrate, 5.5g protein, 6.4g fiber 97mg calcium, 106mg vitamin C, 369mg sodium