• 1 lb Salmon fillet, poached
• 2 tsp Lemon Juice
• ½ cup Finely chopped onion
• 2 tsp Parsley flakes
• ½ tsp Garlic powder (optional)
• 2 Eggs
• ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise.
• ½ cup flaxseed meal
1. In a medium bowl breakup poached salmon and sprinkle with lemon juice. Add chopped onion, parsley flakes and garlic powder, mix to combine.
2. Beat eggs and add low-fat mayonnaise, mix. Combine with salmon mixture.
3. Add flaxseed meal a bit at a time until they will hold together to form patties
4. Shape into patties and fry in nonstick pan using cooking spray or small amount of canola oil. Or Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Recipe serves 4.
Key Nutrition Facts: Fish, such as salmon, is a great source of another good type of fat known as omega-3 fatty acids.
• Omega-3 fatty acids are essential, meaning that our human body cannot make them and they must be eaten in one’s diet. Omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial because they help decrease inflammation in the body.
• In addition to the salmon used in this recipe, the flaxseed meal (made by grinding down flax seeds) also provides some omega-3 fatty acids.
Total Fat: 26g
Saturated Fat: 4.6g
Monounsaturated Fat: 7.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g
Total Fiber: 4g