Asian-Style Salad with Miso Dressing
- 1 bag variety of greens
- 1 small red cabbage,
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 can of mandarin oranges in natural juices, drained. (read ingredients list to avoid oranges with artificial sweeteners)
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes (if able to tolerate seeds)
- 1 cup fresh grated carrots
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced into small pieces. Sprinkle with lemon juice to help slow browning
- ½ cup white miso paste
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup olive oil or canola oil
- 1/8 cup diced onion
- 1.5 tsp honey
- 1.5 tsp fresh ginger, grated. (frozen ginger is easier to grate than unfrozen)
- ½ medium carrot 1 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
Mix salad ingredients.
- Place miso paste, water, oil, onion, honey, ginger, carrot and white vinegar into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble salad and top with miso dressing, and serve!
Makes approximately 15 servings of salad and dressing.
This salad is full of great vitamins, minerals, and fiber, as well as probiotics in the miso dressing. Probiotics are the good bacteria in your gut that help with digestion and reduce inflammation. Be sure to purchase the refrigerated miso, as this is the kind with live bacteria. Avocado is added to the salad contribute good fats (monounsaturated, in this case), which helps reduce inflammation and help our body absorb nutrients.