- About Us
- Cooking Possibility
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
• 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1lb ground beef (lean)
• ½ teaspoon cumin powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• 10 spring onions (scallions) finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons limejuice
• 1 medium sized cauliflower, cut into florets
• 2 tablespoons butter
• ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
• Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease an ovenproof baking dish with ½ tablespoon of the olive oil.
• In a stovetop pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté ground beef for 1 to 2 minutes
• Add cumin powder, salt, and pepper and cook over low heat until the ground beef is cooked through, another 15 to 20 minutes.
• Add the spring onions (scallions) to the mixture and stir for about 2 minutes, or until they soften slightly. Remove the pan from the stove, and mix in the lime juice. Place the mixture in the oven proof baking dish.
• Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower florets until tender. Puree or blend the cauliflower with the butter in a food processor until smooth (you probably can mashed it by hand if you don’t have one). Then spread it evenly on top of the cooked ground beef. Add grated cheese on top.
• Bake for 15 to 20 minutes
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
From Raman Prasad's Recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet