- About Us
- Cooking Possibility
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
½ cup wakame or kombu, soaked
2-3 tbs. miso
1 ½ cups chopped vegetables
4 cups water
1 tsp. sesame oil
1. In large, deep saucepan saute-seaweed and vegetables.
2. Add water and bring to a scald.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
4. Dissolve miso in a little broth, return to soup.
5. Bring soup back to scald and remove from heat.
Garnish with chopped scallions and or lemon.
Daikon, leeks, onion, burdock root, mushrooms, turnips, carrots, cabbage, greens, sweet potatoes, bean sprouts, tofu, sea weeds
From: Healing with Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford
Per cup (287g): 43 Calories, 1.8g fat, 0.3g sat fat, 5.4g carbohydrate, 2.6g protein, 2.4g fiber, 31mg calcium, 0.8mg iron, 12 mg vitamin C, 432mg sodium