- About Us
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
3 Carrots, diced
2 Onions, diced
3 Celery, diced
1 T Olive oil
¼ cup Cornstarch
¼ cup Water
4 cups Reduced sodium Turkey broth
Salt and pepper
1. In a large saucepan, over medium heat sauté carrots, onions and celery until softened.
2. Add turkey broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, blend until smooth the cornstarch and water
4. Strain vegetables out of broth.
5. Whisking constantly, slowly add the cornstarch mixture and continue stirring until the gravy is thickened.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes 6 cups
Per ½ cup (132g): 41 Calories, 1.2g fat, 0.1g sat fat, 6.2g carbohydrate, 1.5g protein, 0.8g fiber, 254mg sodium