- About Us
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
3 cups dry millet
1 medium onion
1 tbs. corn oil
½ red pepper (optional)
3 stalks celery
5 cups water or vegetable broth
1 tsp. sea salt or to taste
1. Wash and drain millet and chop onion.
2. Place millet in skillet and dry roast, stirring constantly until millet becomes fragrant; remove from heat.
3. Heat oil in 3-qt saucepan over medium heat; add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Chop red pepper and celery; add to onion, stirring well before each addition.
5. Add millet, water or vegetable broth, and sea salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover, and simmer for 40 minutes or until millet is done.
Per serving (420g): 318 calories, 5g fat, 0.8g sat fat, 59g carbohydrate, 7g fiber