- About Us
- Cooking Possibility
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
Makes about 3 cups
2 cups Chicken stock, low sodium, low fat
1 cup Wild rice blend
2 T Olive oil
1 small Onion, chopped fine (1/2 cup)
½ small Celery Stalk, diced fine (1/4 cup)
¼ cup Toasted pecan, coarsely chopped
¼ cup Dried cranberries
2 T Parsley, minced, fresh
2 t Thyme, minced, fresh
1. Bring chicken stock to boil in medium saucepan.
2. Add rice blend: return to boil.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is fully cooked, 40-45 minutes.
4. Turn rice into medium microwave safe bowl and fluff with fork.
5. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and celery, sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Add this mixture, as well as pecans, cranberries, parsley and thyme to rice and toss.
Makes 3 1-cup servings
Per serving (333g): 348 calories, 17g fat, 2.2g sat fat, 43g carbohydrate, 7.7g protein, 2.8g fiber, 47mg calcium, 2.8mg iron, 5.9mg vitamin C