- About Us
- Healthy Eating
- Nutrition Research
- Programs and Services
- Healthy Recipes
- Mindful Eating
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup diced onion
1 garlic clove
2 tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. black pepper
2 bay leaves
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (19 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
2 cups diced zucchini or chopped Swiss chard or kale
1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan or soy cheese
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
2. Add basil and next 3 ingredients (basil through tomatoes). Bring to boil, and reduce heat to medium.
3. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in Chickpeas, cook 3 minutes.
5. Add zucchini or greens and cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6. Discard bay leaves
356 calories, 9.8g fat, 2.3g sat fat, 53g carbohydrate, 18g protein, 11g fiber, 284mg calcium, 6.8mg iron, 173mg sodium.