Selected Publications By MPCI Faculty
• Gurwitz JH, Yeomans SM, Glynn RJ, Lewis BE, Levin R, Avorn J. Patient noncompliance in the managed care setting: the case of medical therapy for glaucoma. Medical Care 1998;36;357-359.
• Guadagnoli E, Weeks JC, Shapiro C, Soumerai SB, Gurwitz JH, Borbas C. Use of breast-conserving surgery for treatment of stage I and state II breast cancer. J Clin Oncology 1998;16:101-106.
• Field TS, Baldor RA, Casey LM, Chuman A, Lasser D, Ehrlich A, Gurwitz JH. Introducing managed care to the medical school curriculum: impact on student attitudes. Am J Managed Care 1998;4:1015-1021.
• Soumerai SB, McLaughlin TJ, Gurwitz JH, Guadagnoli E, Hauptman PJ, Borbas C, Morris N, McLaughlin B, Gao X, Willison DJ, Asinger R, Gobel F. Effect of local medical opinion leaders on quality of care for acute myocardial infarction, a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 1998;279:1358-1363.
• Guadagnoli E, Shapiro C, Weeks JC, Gurwitz JH, Borbas C, Soumerai SB. The
quality of care for treatment of early-stage breast cancer: Is it consistent with national guidelines? Cancer 1998;83:302-309.
• Willison DJ, Soumerai SB, McLaughlin TJ, Gurwitz JH, Gao X, Guadagnoli E, Pearson S, Hauptman P, McLaughlin B. Consultation between cardiologists and generalists in the management of acute myocardial infarction: implications for quality of care. Arch Intern Med 1998;158:1778-1783.
• Rochon PA, Clark JP, Binns M, Patel V, Gurwitz JH. Reporting of gender specific information in clinical trials of drug therapy for myocardial infarction: CMAJ 1998;159:321-327.
• Goldberg RJ, Mooradd M, Gurwitz JH, Rogers WJ, French WJ, Barron HV, Gore JM. Impact of time to treatment with tissue plasminogen activator on morbidity and mortality following acute myocardial infarction (The Second National Registry of
o Myocardial Infarction) Am J Cardiol 1998;82:259-264.
• Goldberg RJ, McCormick D, Gurwitz JH, Yarzebski J, Lessard D, Gore JM. Age-related trends in short and long-term survival following acute myocardial infarction: a twenty-year population-based perspective (1975-1995). Am J Cardiol 1998;82:1311-1317.
• Gurwitz JH, Gore JM, Goldberg RJ, et al. Risk for intracranial hemorrhage after tissue plasminogen activator treatment for acute myocardial infarction. Annals of Internal Medicine 1998;129:597-604.
• Donahue JG, Andrade SE, Cain EM, Defore TA, Goodman MJ, Gurwitz JH, Platt R. Lamotrigine and severe skin eruptions. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety 1998;7:415-417.
• Morris MC, Beckett LA, Scherr PA, Hebert LE, Bennett DA, Field TS, Evans DA. Vitamin E and vitamin C supplement use and risk of incident Alzheimer disease. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 1998;23:121-6.
• Andrade SE, Martinez C, Walker AM. Comparative safety evaluation of non-narcotic analgesics. J Clin Epidemiol 1998;51:1357-65.
• Simons-Morton DG, Goff DC, Osganian S, Goldberg RJ, Raczynski JM, Finnegan JR, Zapka J, Eisenberg MS, Proschan MA, Feldman HA, Hedges JR, Luepker RV, for the REACT research group. Rapid early action for coronary treatment: rationale, design, and baseline characteristics. Acad Emerg Med 1998:5:726-738.
• Goldberg RJ, O’Donnell C, Yarzebski J, Bigelow C, Savageau J, Gore JM. Sex differences in symptom presentation associated with acute myocardial infarction: A population-based perspective. Am Heart J 1998;136:189-195.
• Weinreb L, Goldberg R, Bassuk E, Perloff J. Determinants of health and service use patterns in homeless and low-income housed children, Pediatrics 1998;102:554-562.
• Hedges JR, Mann NC, Meischke H, Robbins M, Goldberg R, Zapka J for the REACT Study Group. Assessment of chest pain onset and out-of-hospital delay using standardized interview questions: The REACT Pilot Study. Acad Emerg Med 1998;5:773-780.
• Weinreb L, Goldberg R, Perloff J. Health characteristics and medical service use patterns of sheltered homeless and low-income housed mothers. J Gen Intern Med 1998;12:389-397.
• Gurwitz JH. Commentary to: Borbone F, McMahon AD, Davey PG, et al. Associations between road-traffic accidents with benzodiazepine use. Lancet 1998:352:1331-6.