International Medical Education
Summer Research Fellowship Program
Research projects have focused on topics such as:
- Natural healing practices of the Massai Medicine Man in Tanzania
- Refugee Health: A Study of Albanians in Southern Italy
- Prevalence of HIV in pregnant women in Cameroon
- Effectiveness of an HIV education program in Honduras
- Telemedicine: Resolving Rural and Remote Health Access in South Australia.
A limited number of about $2,400 stipends exist for students to conduct research abroad, during the summer after their first year.
Photots courtesy of participating UMMS students