Interested in Teaching Future Clinicians?
Thank you for your interest in our iCELS Standardized Patient Program.
Click Here to Apply
Once we have received your application, you will receive an invitation to join us for an open house and casting call. We hold these events quarterly in order to better orient potential Standardized Patients. We encourage any who are interested in our program to attend.
- Please watch this space for our next open house dates!
If you wish to attend, RSVP with your session preference to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours are variable and project assignments vary depending upon the educational objectives and demographics of each case. Cases are held at the UMASS Medical School iCELS and throughout the Boston area. Upon hiring you will be enrolled in the UMASS Medical School Human Resources as a per diem employee.
As a standardized acting patient, it is important that you are able to meet minimum requirements in order for us to remain in contact with you and appropriately schedule assignments.
- Must have reliable transportation to Boston and Worcester locations
- Must be reachable by mobile phone, in case of last-minute changes before and during events
- Must have a personal email account to access program correspondence, and have working familiarity with basic internet applications
- Must be willing to wear a hospital gown (johnny), with undergarments on
- Must be willing to be physically examined (defined as basic heart, lung and abdominal exam)
We are very proud of our Standardized Patient Program and aim to provide the highest fidelity services possible. Our standardized patients must be reliable, have flexible availability and overall have a commitment to medical education.