APPLY to THE UMASS GRADUATE SCHOOL of NURSING
The Graduate School of Nursing at the University of Massachusetts Worcester accepts applications through NursingCAS, the online, centralized application service for nursing programs. All transcripts must be sent directly to NursingCAS not to the school.
Visit www.nursingcas.org and click “Apply Here” to initiate your application. If this is your first time accessing NursingCAS click on “Create Account” and complete the required fields in order to start your application. If you have visited and logged in to NursingCAS before you can use your existing id and password. For further reference you can view this short instructional video on how to complete a NursingCAS application.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR UMASS GRADUATE SCHOOL OF NURSING
All application materials must be submitted directly to NursingCAS with the exceptions of the following items:
- Application fee for UMass Graduate School of Nursing is $60.00 for instate applicants and $75.00 dollars for out of state applicants.
Your application will not be considered complete until the application fee is received by UMass Graduate School of Nursing.
Make check payable to UMass Graduate School of Nursing . (Please note that the NursingCAS fee is in addition to the UMass GSN fee)
- Notarized proof of residency form (all applicants, both Massachusetts Residents and non-residents, must submit this form)
- Applicants applying to the Doctoral Programs must submit one example of scholarly writing. Indicate the purpose for which you wrote the paper. The paper can be published or unpublished. If a co-authored paper is sent, it must be accompanied by two letters (from the 1st author and yourself) stating your contribution to the paper. This paper can be mailed at the address below or e-mailed in a PDF file to GSNAdmission@umassmed.edu.
- Print this check list to accompany the above materials. GSN checklist
- Mailing Address:
- University of Massachusetts
Graduate School of Nursing
Attention: Admission Office
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655
You must also request that the Educational Testing Service (ETS) send your test score to UMass Worcester’s Graduate School of Nursing (school code no.3947, department code no. 0610).
GSN PROGRAM DEADLINES and REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
Do Not Wait until the last minute to submit your application. All official Transcripts must be submitted to Nursing CAS in order for your application to be processed and verified.
NursingCAS Instructions for the University of Massachusetts Worcester
Applicants interested in University of Massachusetts Worcester’s graduate programs should apply through NursingCAS. NursingCAS is the online, centralized application service for nursing programs. Visit www.nursingcas.org and click “Apply Here” to initiate your application. And then click on “Create Account” and complete the required fields in order to start your application. View this short instructional video on how to complete a NursingCAS application.
NursingCAS fee is separate from UMass Graduate School of Nursing application fee, payment is made online on NursingCAS. If UMass Graduate School of Nursing is the only school you are applying to through NursingCAS then you will be charged $65.00. If UMass Graduate School of Nursing is not the first school you applied through NursingCAS then you be charged $35.00. Access FAQs on payment here.
Additionally, please review the information carefully and we recommend that you review this information before you begin your application as well. Although, some sections of the NursingCAS application are marked “optional” please follow the guidelines below for the University of Massachusetts Worcester requirements and note that your application will not be considered until ALL elements listed below as “University of Massachusetts Worcester NursingCAS Requirements” are completed and submitted. Read The NursingCAS GSN instructions