Checklist for a Green Holiday Break
With the holidays around the corner, many of us on campus will be taking some time off. Whether it’s just a couple of days, or a whole week off, please run through this checklist for your office and/or lab area before you leave for the break.
- Turn off your computer and any connected devices like speakers, monitor or printer.
- Shut off all lights.
- Unplug radios (most use energy even when off).
- Turn down your thermostat, if you have one.
- Make sure fume hood sashes are down.
- Turn off any lab equipment not in use.
Individual actions by everyone on campus add up in a big way to help conserve energy. So keep this checklist in mind any time you are leaving campus for any period of time, weekends included.