OPTIONAL LIFE INSURANCE AND AD&D
You are provided with a $5,000 of life insurance with your health insurance plan through the Group Insurance Commission. In addition, you can elect to purchase additional coverage through The Hartford Insurance Company. The cost is based on your age, salary and the amount of life insurance you elect. Coverage is effective on the first of the month following 60 days of employment if you enroll as a new hire.
Up to 8x annual salary (up to $1.5M maximum) without evidence of insurability (new hire)
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage included
- Effective date of coverage - first day of the month following 60 days of employment
- Portable upon termination
- Option available to convert to permanent whole or universal life policy/plan
- When to enroll - You may enroll as a new hire during your first 31days of employment without having to provide evidence of insurability. If you choose to enroll at a later date, you must prove evidence of good health.
Employees who have a qualified family status change during the year may enroll in or increase their coverage without any medical review in an amount up to 4x salary within 31 days of the qualifying event. Family status changes include: marriage, birth or adoption of a child, divorce and death of a spouse.