International Travel Registration Form
In compliance with UMMS travel policy, anyone traveling under the University of Massachusetts Medical School auspices must complete this travel registration form. The information provided is needed for UMass-sponsored AIG international travel insurance, which covers everyone traveling in connection to their work or study at UMMS, and to help us provide assistance should emergencies arise during travel.
* Indicates a required field
If your browser is having problems, try using UMMS supported browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari for Mac.
|Program Contact (Name, Title, Email, Phone, Website)*|
|Purpose and Goals of Travel (select only one)*|
| || |
|Will you be doing any clinical work?*|
UMass Memorial/UMMS employees/students are covered for professional liability by the UMass Memorial Health Care, Inc, Self Insurance Program for clinical activities when they travel worldwide provided they have approval to do so. However, this professional liability coverage is limited as follows:
It is the strong recommendation of UMMS that you purchase additional professional liability insurance coverage from the country of destination when you travel out of the United States to ensure proper insurance coverage for any suits/legal litigation brought against you in your country of destination.
- Employees and Students are only covered for approved University business or activities during the dates of travel stated in the travel registration form.
- Medical staff will only be covered for activities approved within their license.
- Students and trainees will only be covered for activities approved within their level of education and training according to the UMMS curriculum. As of December 12, 2013, medical students are only approved for clinical work appropriate to their education level and under the following conditions:
- Provision of liability coverage by the host institution, documentation required;
- Provision of adequate clinical liability coverage by a third party, documentation required.
Unless one of these circumstances is met, medical students are not permitted to complete clinical international electives. Students must meet with Dr. Melissa Fischer prior to travel approval to discuss their insurance coverage
- Any resulting suit/legal litigation must be filed in the United States, its territories and/or Canada.
| || |
|If presenting or lecturing, indicate talk title(s) and/or topic(s)*|| |
|Are you shipping or bringing with you physical goods or materials that may be subject to Export Control and Sanction laws? (See the EAR Commerce Control List.)*|
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION