- Peter A. Rice, MD, professor of medicine: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Immunology of Infection with Neisseria gonorrhoeae, one year, $83,525*
- Ann Marshak-Rothstein, MD, professor of medicine: National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Toll-like Receptors in Systemic Autoimmune Disease, four months, $1,241,065; recommended for three additional years, $4.4 million
- Celia A. Schiffer, PhD, professor of biochemistry & molecular pharmacology: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Drug Resistance in HCV-NS3/4A – Inhibitor Binding Versus Substrate Recognition, one year, $411,042; recommended for four additional years, $1.6 million
- William J. Schwartz, MD, professor of neurology: National Institute of General Medical Sciences, Circadian Bilolgy at the Supra-Organismal Level, one year, $390,293; recommonded for three additional years, $1.2 million
- Gary S. Stein, PhD, the Gerald L. Haidak, MD, and Zelda S. Haidak Professor of Cell Biology and chair and professor of cell biology: National Institute of Aging, Architectural Epigenetics of Embryonic and Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells, one year, $492,192; recommended for one additional year, $501,486*
- William E. Theurkauf, PhD, professor of molecular medicine: National Institute of General Medical Sciences, Mitotic Responses to DNA damage, one year, $77, 781*
*These NIH funds were awarded under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009. Multiple funding options exist under the ARRA, including accelerating ongoing science by supplementing existing grants and funding new grants that are likely to produce results within two years. To download a complete list of NIH ARRA grants awarded to UMMS investigators click here.