- The 31st annual Employee Appreciation Awards Ceremony was held on campus this year, under the same tent used for Commencement.
- Ten-year recipient Tony Maciag, with his wife Carla Lourenco.
- In a special ceremony, Shirwin Pockwinse was recognized for 40 years of service to UMass Medical School. She has been with the institution since its beginnings and is the first ever 40-year employee.
- Karin Amparo with Chancellor Collins. Amparo is one of 11 Employees of Distinction recognized at the ceremony.
- GSBS Dean Anthony Carruthers is congratulated by Chancellor Collins for 25 years of service to UMMS.
- The Employee Recognition Committee plans this and other events aimed at letting members of the workforce know they’re appreciated. Pictured left to right with Chancellor Collins are Sharon Beausoleil, Antone Bucciaglia, Glady McRell, Sharon Shad, Tony Covello, Gaile Arcouette, Shirwin Pockwinse and Mike Gregory.