Emerging Professionals Summer Internship Program for College Students
The Emerging Professionals Summer Internship Program is a ten-week paid internship experience for talented underrepresented minority college students. This “pipeline” program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to explore potential administrative careers in an academic health science center. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals seeking to apply their skills in a team setting that is dedicated to advancing the health and well-being of the people in Massachusetts and the world through ground-breaking development in education, research and health care delivery. UMass Medical School (UMMS) is a group of professionals serving the public interest within a flexible, challenging environment built on innovation. We are confident about our future and invite you to realize your true potential with a leader in academic health sciences. To learn more about UMMS, click here.
The Program design offers students a:
• 10 week paid summer business internship (June – mid August) at UMMS
• internship with an administrative focus in Communications, Marketing Analytics, Human Resources Diversity & Inclusion, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Business Academic Administration
• unique opportunity to be guided and taught by UMMS faculty and professional staff and immersed into the world of business
• curriculum that includes lectures, networking luncheons, mentoring, hands-on work sessions, resume and job search preparation, and more
• opportunity to discover their passions and interests and discern which career path is best for them
For more details on selection criteria, job openings, how to apply, and timeline for the Internship Program, please see left navigation menu.