- MA law requires all students to carry health insurance.
- The University offers one health insurance Plan with BC/BS.
- You have the option to enroll in a plan through UMASS or purchase Insurance with a company of your choice.
- Students may also purchase dependent coverage (spouse, children) for an additional cost after the completion of their enrollment in the Student BC/BC health insurance plan.
- Students may also enroll in an optional dental insurance plan with Delta Dental for an additional cost.
The Bursar’s Office is responsible for assisting students with health/dental insurance enrollment. Please contact the Bursar Office at (508) 856-6612 with any questions related to enrollment in the BC/BS plan offered.
Please click on the link below for an overview of the UMASS Worcester student health plan offered by BC/BS and a summary of benefits: www.universityhealthplans.com
You may also call them toll free at 1-800-437-6448.
Student Health Fee:
The Student Health fee is different from the student health insurance plan.
- This fee is MANDATORY for all students whether or not they have the health insurance plan or their own insurance.
- Half of the fee goes to student counseling service and the other half goes to SHS.
- The SHS half pays for physician and nurse services in the SHS, waiver of co-pay in the SHS, administrative support, and immunizations and infectious disease titers when needed.