The same great programs and services provided in the UMMS Simulation Center have been incorporated into the new interprofessional Center for Experiential Learning and Simulation (iCELS).
The innovative new Center was established in 2013 to build on our successes in health science, research, nursing and medical education and provide new opportunities for learners across the spectrum of clinical education including faculty, staff, students, leadership, clinical system partners, community-based educational affiliates, alumni and you to experience learning in ways previously only imagined at UMMS.
iCELS is a multi-disciplinary, interprofessional center which provides programs, services and continuing education courses using:
- Clinical and surgical skills training labs
- Scenario-based simulation and exam rooms
- Simulated and standardized patient actors
- High and low fidelity manikins
- Community supported innovations lab
- Dedicated rooms for debriefing, faculty observation and scenario control
- Small-group classroom, teaching and meeting space
- CAE LearningSpace software to record, annotate and playback scenarios in real-time for enhanced feedback and learning
- Easily accessible to 300 seat auditorium, dining hall and other meeting spaces
iCELS is located on the third floor of the Albert Sherman Center in AS3-2079. To speak with an iCELS team member, please dial 508-856-5114 or e-mail iCELS@umassmed.edu.