The Ready-to-Sign Licenses at the University of Massachusetts Medical School are for designated technologies, mainly tangible research materials, available for licensing non-exclusively with standard terms and conditions.
To obtain a Ready-to-Sign License, please follow the instructions below.
Instructions for Ready-to-Sign Licenses:
1. Choose the technology you would like to license and contact us to confirm the availability via MTA-OTM@umassmed.edu.
2. Download the Ready-to-Sign License agreement file and fill in appropriate information.
3. Print out two copies of the Ready-to-Sign License agreement and have an authorized official of your organization sign the agreements.
4. Please make your check payable to “University of Massachusetts” and mail the payment with both original signature agreements to
Office of Technology Management
University of Massachusetts Medical School
222 Maple Avenue
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Attention: Executive Director
OTM will sign both agreements, one signed original will be kept at OTM and the other original will be returned to the address and contact noted on the agreement.
5. However, if a signed pdf copy of the agreement is preferred, please email us a signed pdf copy to MTA-OTM@umassmed.edu, Subject: Ready-to-Sign License and mail the payment to the address shown above. OTM will sign the agreement and a fully executed pdf copy will be returned to you via email.
6. Upon receipt of the payment (of either the upfront or license fee), the shipment will be arranged.
If you have any questions about completing the Ready-to-Sign License agreement, please send us an email (MTA-OTM@umassmed.edu, Subject: Ready-to-Sign License) or call (508-856-1626)