1. Final menu selections must be submitted to a representative of the Hoagland-Pincus Conference Center no later than two weeks prior to the function.
2. The guaranteed number of attendees must be submitted no later than four working days before the scheduled function. No changes in the guarantee number will be accepted after that date. Failure to submit guarantees within this time frame will result in charges matching the clients original estimate of the number of attendees, even if the actual number of attendees is less.
3. All food and beverage items must be arranged for through a representative of the Hoagland-Pincus Conference Center using designated contractors. No “outside” food may be brought in by any client or conference attendee without permission from a Hoagland-Pincus representative.
4. Room set-up requirements must be submitted no later than one week prior to the function. If a change in the original room set-up is requested on the day of the function, a labor charge will be added to the final bill.
5. The Hoagland-Pincus Conference Center reserves the right to change assigned function rooms, but guarantees adequate space for set-up requirements and number of attendees as listed in the Banquet Event Order.
6. Function guests will be admitted to and are expected to depart from the assigned function room at the times stated in the Banquet Event Order. An additional charge may be assessed for access to the room earlier or later than the contracted times, and extended access will be based on availability.
7. A non-refundable deposit in the amount of the reserved room fees and the signed Banquet Event Order is due by the date listed on the Banquet Event Order. The remaining balance will be billed to the client and is due two weeks after the invoice date.
8. Though the Hoagland-Pincus Conference Center has adopted a policy of remaining open through weather and other emergencies, we recognize that our clients may find it necessary to cancel a scheduled function. Notification of intent to cancel must be given no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event time. Those groups canceling after this time may be billed for certain food and beverage and/or audiovisual and rental fees.
9. Any table decorations must be discussed with the conference center first. No glitter décor will be allowed. Furniture other than that already on hand at the Hoagland-Pincus Conference Center may be rented, and the fees will be charged to the client.
10. Beginning May 31, 2008, everyone is prohibited from smoking or using tobacco products in any UMMS vehicle, building, facility, site, garage, grounds, or adjacent grounds that are owned, leased, controlled or operated by UMMS.
Please contact the Conference Center with any questions regarding the content of these policies.